You make an excellent point, Guy, one that was echoed by a couple of
friendly off-reflector comments as well.

I used to be bugged by the TV horizontal sweep oscillators too. But long ago
my hearing was "adjusted" by long-term exposure to lots of weapons firing
while in the Army including thousands of rounds from a 30 cal M1 rifle on my
shoulder. Soldiers didn't wear ear protectors even though the firing often
left us deaf for hours.

I'm no big fan of DSP in spite of the "advantages" it offers. I vastly
prefer a good, linear, analog system. I don't have a problem with solid
state, but in my homebrew receivers I usually eschew the simple integrated
circuit audio amplifiers in favor of discrete component class A amplifiers,
at least to headphone levels. Even today I can still hear the difference
between the compromise amplifiers used in a lot of gear and a good linear
amplifier, but I hadn't noticed anything unusual in the K3 audio.

Ron AC7AC