Has there been any progress on improving the NR algorithm used in the K3?
As it is, it's only helpful perhaps 2% of the time on SSB with the remaining
98% of it remaining off.  I've tried adjusting AGC settings, plus fiddling
with the DSP settings and can never seem to find a happy medium.

Adjusting the receive EQ also has a major impact on the NR's audio quality.
Sometimes I like to boost the midrange and treble areas on receive EQ as it
helps with speech, but with any of the parameters set to a +1 or higher, the
resulting audio out with NR on is terrible.  It sounds almost as if I'm
listening to the audio through a long drain pipe.

Finally, turning on the NR generally tends to attenuate the signal rather
than filter it; a very annoying behavior if you ask me.  This has become
painfully obvious during this weekend's IARU contest.

Truth be told, the best DSP application I've used and heard so far has come
from BHI with their ANEM modules.  There are only a few settings to adjust,
but it's very effective in isolating human speech patterns from background
noise.  It runs rings around the K3 when it comes to SSB noise reduction.
I'm hoping that sooner (rather than later), Elecraft can come up with a
firmware fix for the NR.

73 de James K2QI