Worked my K3 in the IARU contest this weekend (PA6HQ 20m cw).
Performed flawlessly except for....

Yes the AGC, and in the following manner:

I am one of thse people who always use AGC slow in CW and in SSB.
(Please guys, spare me the comments that I have to ride the AGC, that is
not the issue here.)
When running in the contest, very strong stations are often followed bij
very weak stations. After the K3-transmission the AGC starts at the
point where it was left before the transmission. (Lyle explained that
before).
It would be nice if the Gain was reset in a smart way at the end of a
transmission so I would not miss the first letter of a call when a weak
station follows a strong one.

By the way, this also stands for SSB.

It was mentioned that the way that the agc is implemented now was the
best in normal QSO'ing and I agree. But the K3 was built to be top
performing in heavy contest / pile-up environment. And if the call rate
is high, a recovered agc at the beginning of a reception looks like a
fine feature to me.

Would be nice if this smart reset for the agc could be implemented in
the menu?
Any one say "aye"?

Thanks all,

73