> Is there a way to use the internal keyer in the K3 with N1MM
> or do you have to use the DTR/RTS in the key jack method.

You can use the internal keyer with paddles but N1MM Logger
does not support the "KS;" keyer command for sending arbitrary
text.  If your messages were less than 24 characters, you
could probably finesse the thing by using {CATASC ...} commands
to send short strings or to recall the K3's built in memories.

> Or should I go and buy this lil kit:
> http://k1el.tripod.com/WKUSB.html

The K1EL WKUSB or Serial WinKeyer 2:
  http://k1el.tripod.com/WK2Serial.html
are the best way to handle CW with any software package
that includes WinKey support.  You get CPU independent
CW plus paddle input that integrates with the software
(much like paddle input was integrated with TRlog).

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV