Bob,

Not to worry about the logical function, different minds think of it in
different ways.  My thinking is that an active low on either the dot OR
dash contacts makes the output low.  That goes back to my old TTL
thinking of wire ORs to extend the OR function.  But if you use an OR
function "upside down", it becomes an AND function.  Strictly semantics
and mindsets within the logic world.

You will be able to parallel you straight key and external keyer and
computer keying connections together without isolating diodes as long as
one of the external devices does not interfere with another one - the K3
will not care as long as it sees a low level on the key input.
With the K3 and the paddle input, it is different than the K2.  If you
intend to use your paddles with the internal K3 keyer, you will have to
plug the paddles into the PADDLE jack on the back of the K3.  That is
the only difference.

73,
Don W3FPR