Allen,

Try setting the K3's MON level to zero (hold the CMP/PWR knob in, then
rotate until the display reads MON 0).

I am not sure why this would be a problem, though, unless you have your
sound card set to feed back its input to its output as well. Personally,
I would suggest turning the loopback off in the sound card and leaving
the MON on in the radio. In the sound card's playback mixer, make sure
all of the audio sources except Wave have their Mute boxes checked
(check Mute All, then uncheck the Mute box for the Wave slider only).

73,
Rich VE3KI