John Lemay wrote:

> Hello all
>
> Has anyone carried out the VFO tuning noise reduction modification yet ?
>
> The photo is a little unclear (or maybe it's my eyes) - it looks as though
> one resistor-diode combination has the anode connected to the resistor and
> the other pair has the cathode connected to the resistor. Have I got this
> right ?

Yes that's correct...note the orientation of the black band on the diodes.
I first soldered the resistor-diode combination at approximately the same
acute angles in the photographs.  Then align the ends so that they match the
vias on the PC board.  After soldering I checked the resistance between pins
15 and 20 on the connectors.  I got ~800k one way and ~5.5M the other.

73,  Bill