From: Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft [mailto:e...@elecraft.com]
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 2:36 PM
To: James Sarte
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 VFO Tuning noise reduction

Yes, you absolutely must make the h/w mod for the diode/resistor change
if you enable the tuning mod in the K3 menu. If you do not make the h/e
change, and then enable this feature in the menu, there may be
intermittent synthesizer communication failures in your radio (which
could be temperature dependent etc.)

73, Eric  WA6HHQ

James Sarte wrote:
> I had a tuning noise issue on 60m, but nothing noticeable anywhere else.
Is