From: Merv Schweigert [mailto:k...@flex.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 12:58 AM
To: Brett Howard
Cc: James Sarte; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] OT: a quick question about solder

I did not touch a soldering iron when assembling the K3,  not sure what
there is to solder unless your making some mods.
And solid wire solder would be a bear to use with no flux.  Sure would
not try using flux with it would be a huge mess of left over rosin.
Cheaper to go buy a few feet of the correct solder.
73 Merv KH7C

The K3 was built on a RoHS process and technically you shouldn't mix the
processes (leaded solder with non leaded solder) that being said if
thats all you have then it will work.  But the RoHS stuff can be had
fairly inexpensively...

~Brett (KC7OTG)