Lance Collister, W7GJ, wrote:

> I am looking ahead to the next F2 cycle on 6m, when it will be helpful to
> have dozens (actually over a hundred) different memories stored to be able
> to watch
> for propagation indicators below 50 MHz.

The problem IMHO with having a receiver hop channels to watch or "follow the
MUF", is that while it is doing this the receiver is not available for
normal use. If a panadapter with lots of markers (a form of stored memories)
is available, then there is no need to have the receiver hop channels. What
is then required is some form of selective "alert" arrangement which sounds
off should a signal appear at one or more of the marked frequencies.

This is not a new idea.

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD