Trev,

   Sounds like a typical K3, both of mine will react very similar especially if
I change bands. I will typically hit the tune button
and adjust my power if necessary. Now perhaps if I went through
the transmitter calibration it would go away! I still need to
do all the mods on my first K3 sn# 1059. Nonetheless I am curious
for a response on this one

73 de Bill N4ZI  K3's #1059 & #2914