Hi Larry,

telegrap...@att.net wrote:
> I want to try FSK144 and JT-65A on Monday.  Should i be in USB or Data mode?

I have always just used USB.

> Should i stay below the 30W level?

I have had no problem running it at full power.

  First time to try this on 6 meters or any band
> for that matter so not sure what parameters i should be using or operating
> under.
>
> I'm plugged directly into the sound card on the Pc so i'll have to play with
> the
> transmit level a bit i suspect to keep the signal as clean as possible.

Just set the ALC the same as you would on SSB - 4 to 5 bars.  WSJT is very
clean.

If i set
> the transmit signal up for PSK31 then it should be ok with the other modes i
> would
> think?  Maybe maybe not.  Any help here?
>
> As far as keying the transmitter, it should work with VOX turned on right?
>
> Larry W0OGH

You COULD use it with VOX turned on.  However, when I am portable I always use
it
with the PTT set so that either serial line can turn it on.

GL and VY 73, Lance

--
Lance Collister, W7GJ (ex: WN3GPL, WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8,
E51SIX)

Interested in 6m EME?  Ask me about subscribing to the MAGIC BAND EME email
reflector!