Hi Don,

i had just come to the same suspicion when I read your email. And we are right.
My homebrew desktop system (Tyan Tiger dual AMD board) works fine. This is a
Dell problem.

I will look around to see if there is an updated serial port driver that fixes
this. I will be pleasantly surprised if there is. In all likelihood, I will
simply have to eschew using these control lines on this machine.

Bill W5WVO