Gary,
if something is switchable option it can be switched off (in VK-land
and anywhere).
We are talking about technical possibilities of K3 not about being or
not being CBer. Somebody is CBer without Rbeep - you know... :-)
(and I do not believe that CBer´s are buying K3´s - maybe as Rbeep
missing? :-))
If this (Rbeep) can help or not - it is another discussion.
I do not know - never heard this on HAM bands below 30MHz.
I have only have some experience from 2m and up. Probably you are not
talking about this as you mentioned EU stations ;-)

GL
73!
L. -dst-