wayne burdick wrote:

> The K2 is a very mature product, and I don't anticipate adding further
> internal modules to it. I've thought about a Li-Ion battery as a
> replacement for the present gel-cell, but it's still too expensive and
> is thus left as an exercise for the reader.
>
> The P3 should work with the K2, though less tightly integrated than
> with the K3. If that pans out, we'll post details later.
>
> We have no plans to phase out the K2, which is still going strong
> after 10 years (for which we thank our customers!).

The K2 fills a unique role, and it's the only full function transceiver you
can build from through hole components (its only rival is the JUMA TRX2 from
Finland which is made with SMT and it is more money for less functionality.)

Although you don't anticipate adding more modules to it there might be a
demand for an official version of the last digital interface board that was
designed by the late Pauli Nunez EA3BLQ. Since a Li-Ion battery option isn't
on the cards I suppose I'd better start thinking about replacing my old
gel-cell - 10 years old and still holding a charge. Is this a record?

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com
* KComm - http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html