On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 21:02:08 -0400, you wrote:

>The best solution to this is what some software calls an ALIGN or OPT
>function. This works as follows: with a wide filter, find the signal you
>want by clicking on it in the waterfall; click on the ALIGN or OPT
>button which retunes your radio so that the signal you have selected is
>now on the optimal frequency (FC = 1500 Hz is the obvious choice in DATA
>A); and now adjust the filter bandwidth as narrow as you like. I do not
>know whether DM780 has such a function, but if it does, that would be
>much easier than using the SHIFT knob to chase stations up and down the
>waterfall.

DM780 has the center function and it works fine so I dont miss any
manual shift functions.

I have defined the following two macros:

   #++
   #   Center & narrow macro
   #   {{RADIO-CONTROL
   #
   #   This macro only contains commands for tuning your radio.
   #   The text is not added to the input (TX) window.
   #
   #--

   center-on 1500

   Set slider-pos K3 Filter~Width 30    //  Filter Width = 300Hz

   #++
   #   Wide macro
   #   {{RADIO-CONTROL
   #
   #   This macro only contains commands for tuning your radio.
   #   The text is not added to the input (TX) window.
   #
   #--

   Set slider-pos K3 Filter~Width 400    //  Filter Width = 4000Hz

I have set the 250Hz filter to kick in at 300Hz.
--
OV1A Jens

 Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from making bad ones