I have just updated my K3 Utility and Firmware to 1.2.10.27 and 3.52,
respectively.

I wrote two simple macros, which I put into the Utility's
Macro1 and Macro2 spots.  They are:
Pwr=4       pc004;
and
Pwr=100     pc100;
These are intended to save wear and tear on the encoder when switching
to and from QRP.

In the K3's MACRO CONFIG menu item, I assigned
Macro1 to M3H (M3 hold)
and
Macro2 to M4H (M4 hold)

But I now find that either tapping or holding M3 or M4 executes a macro.
Should this be?

BTW, I had previously filled in both banks of CW memories M1 - M4 with short
messages, and didn't bother to erase them.  I now find that either in Bank 1
or in Bank 2, pressing M3 or M4 results in macro execution.  M1 and M2 continue
to produce the assigned CW, differently in Bank 1 and Bank 2, as intended.

In general, I find the procedure for accessing messages and macros with
M1 - M4 to be confusing.  As I understand it, holding a message M4 should
(and did, before macroing) repeat the message on CW, while it is necessary
to hold REC before being able to access the other message M4.  On the other
hand, accessing the second group of 4 macros should proceed merely by holding
M buttons.

Which result should holding M4 produce, if a macro is assigned to M4H while a
Bank 1 message is assigned to M4T?  Repeated message, or macro execution?

73, Paul W8TM