Hi
I do not think Elecraft as a bad image in France. I saw on the net some
complains because i'm quite sure they made some mistakes when doing
their kits but most of them did not, and French Electrafters Hams are
growing day after day.
We know for who the Elecraft product are made, it is like an F1 compare
to a conventional car, the F1 is always under development to take the
best to it, conventional car you bought it and you're using it until you
will sold it for second hand.  Elecraft woke up the Ham spirit after
years of passiveness, major Hams provider do not, only play with their
last...and expensive toys.
Bst 73's
Philippe A65BI (F5LTB)

Philippe TROTTET
Head of Field Telecom Unit - DUBAI

United Nations High Commissioner for  Refugees
International Humanitarian City
Office Building Nº3 - Room 2, 1st Floor
Doha Street
PO BOX: 506013
DUBAI - U.A.E.

Dubai time: GMT +4
W: Sunday to Thursday
HQ Ext: 7120
Vsat: xx 41 22 7120
External:
+971 4 3601753
+41 22 739 7120
Mobile: +971 504531756
Website: www.unhcr.org ( http://www.unhcr.org/ )

>>> juergen piezo <plebia...@yahoo.com> 23-11-2009 12:18 >>>
Hi Gary

I cant answer all the questions the brochure has limited information.
Its interesting reading, go  download it.

The K3 in Europe has PR image problem, thats why radios like the
terrible FT2000  is outselling it probably 100:1, even with its crap
receiver.  I would think that this new radio is going to put Yaesu back
onto the ham radio map.

Yup Yaesus line up of transceivers is terrible  at the moment and I
would not touch one with a 1000 foot long pole. However Yaesu has played
it hand well  with this new radio. I would suggest that this radio in
sales numbers is  going to be bigger than  the FT1000D and FT100MP
series of radios. It will hurt K3 and Ten Tec Orion sales, especially
the Orion which is considered to be a dead duck in the water with no
further improvements.

I wonder if Elecraft will take up the challenge? New front panel, 200
watts and inbuilt P3?  Its going to be a very interesting new Year.
There is even rumor around in Japan that Kenwood is coming up with a
similar concept with a new Kenwood super radio with a 9mhz IF and DSP.
Some say its combination of the TS950SDX and the TS870S in a new radio.

John