>At least up until now, the N1MM programmers reported that they couldn't
>really figure out whether the K3 was in split or not - I guess it's a CAT
>API software issue.  So unless you religiously used alt-F7 to turn the K3
>split on/off, Logger would lose track of the split state.  I know that the
>FT1K/Orion never had this issue - you were free to control split at the rig
>and Logger tracked it.
>
>Whether or not the K3 CAT API has been enhanced to make it easier to read
>the split state, Logger isn't supporting it yet.

True. It's just like the Icom radios; you have to turn the Split on
and off from the program to keep things synchronized. This is a pain
in the patootie, but the reset in Split function sure is useful. I'm
grateful it works as well as it does -- it doesn't work at all with
my FT-1000D, which won't accept the reset command at the particular
time it's sent by the code. Maybe the developers (I think K3CT does
the radio control code) will get it fixed soon.

73...
Randy, W8FN