I have been on and off of this reflector several times over the past couple of
years and have decided to put in an order for the K3.

Other than the fact that is is a terrific radio that will indulge my love of
playing with tech devices I am also very impressed with the sense of community
and with the participation by the owners and designers on the reflector.

Also, I paid them a visit in Aptos a year or so ago and was very impressed with
the reception and by the commitment and dedication of the members of the team.
On short notice they made every effort to make me feel welcome and to allow me
to play with a K3 with the assistance of a tech.

Tomorrow I am going to order one and decided that while I will scrimp a bit for
now I want the items that will help set the K3 apart from my current
transceiver.

I would like to ask the group's suggestions on my order.

But first, a little background to help those that want to jump in to guide me.

I have been licensed since '58 but have never been a "big gun".  I enjoy
working what DX I can and casual contesting.  Not a rag chewer and in fact
don't use SSB that much.

My current location dictates not much more than a vertical and a 102' ladder
line fed doublet at 35 feet.

I enjoy digital modes and RTTY contesting.  I probably wind up on CW for most
of my DX chasing.

I would like to "trick out" the K3 as much as economically feasible for my
operating.  Over the years I think I have wound up taking out my frustrations
of not having big antennas by buying as good of a transceiver as I could mainly
because I like to play with different modes and the latest technology.

Here is the order I am playing with tonight in preparation for ordering it
tomorrow:

K3/100 Kit
KAT 3                   I don't use an amp and if the ATU as good as expected I
will sell my LDG.  Also I want the 2nd Antenna input
KRX3                    Having the second Rcvr is one of the big
differentiators from my current Xcvr.
KBPF3                   Hardly ever use general coverage but would like to have
it on the Sub.
KXV3A                   Would like to have the Rx Ant and I assume the IF out
will be needed for the P3 - also may want to do some Xverters later
KFL3A-400 x2

Suggestions?

TIA,

Rick