Hi Folks,

When doing RTTY at 100 watts a high current warning flashes in the VFO B
display area and RF power is automatically cut back to about 60 watts.  SWR is
about 1.1:1 or there abouts; nothing approaching 1.5:1.  I have found there is
0.6 volts drop in the Elecraft supplied power cable (Power Poles are soldered)
and about 0.2 volt drop between my power supply and the output of the
Rigrunner.  It's between the power supply and the K3.  Voltage at the radio
drops to 13.2 vdc and current is 23-24 amps on transmit.  Under that load the
voltage at the power supply drops 0.01 volts.  I run the power supply (it's
variable) at 14.0 volts at the supply.  It's a 40 amp power supply.  I have a
popular off shore rig that has no problem with the existing power setup.

In reading the Supply/Voltage Current specifications on page eight (8) of the
Owners Manual I find it recommends  "When using reduced supply voltage
(<12volts), power output should be reduced (e.g. 70 W at 11 V).  Further, "For
best results, use the supplied 5 foot (1.3 m) power cable."  Those two
statements appear to be in error when applied to my radio.

My K3 appears to be overly sensitive to voltage and current.  The only
adjustment I can locate that might relate to this is the menu CONFIG:ADC REF
entry. However, I seriously doubt it will have any impact on this as this
appears to be a serious error and adjust appears to be for fine tuning at best.

I certainly would appreciate any ones constructive input on this situation.  I
could appreciate knowing the gauge of the supplied cable....I'm hoping that
doubling or tripling the size might help.  But, that seems to be a bandaide
rather that eliminating the root cause.

Thank, have a good day and 73.

Jim, W0EM