Keith Hamilton-3 wrote:

> I wish everyone with broken/cracked knobs would just ask Elecraft to send
> them a set of new knobs. They are much better than the old ones. Maybe the
> endless traffic about this already beat to death subject would cease!

If they did, no-one would be aware that older K3s are experiencing this
problem, not just those with knobs from a faulty batch as Eric claimed in
the posting he referred to. It isn't welcome news but I think it is of
interest to many, and I agree with G4AON that Elecraft should admit that the
originals were not strong enough and allow all owners of older K3s to
request replacements without waiting for the originals to fail, as it
appears likely they will sooner or later.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com
* KComm - http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html