Roger Marrotte wrote:
> Dan,
>
> I have Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit.  It is an upgraded system from Vista.
> I just uploaded my latest contacts to LOTW without any problem.  This is the
> first time I've tried it with Windows 7.  I use DX4WIN for my log.  I used a
> filter in DX4WIN to select only the latest entries.  I then created an ADIF
> file and was then able to create a tq8 file without any problem.  LOTW
> accepted it.  I haven't touched any LOTW stuff on my computer since the
> upgrade to Windows 7.
>
> About a year ago I had trouble creating a tq8 file.  Come to find out my
> certificate had expired.  The error messages I was seeing didn't give any
> indication that the problem was with an expired certificate.  It's been long
> enough that I forget just what the messages said.
>
> I'm not sure what is wrong for you, but I can say that LOTW seems to work
> fine on my Windows 7 computer.

Are we sure we're all talking about the same problem? There is a well known
problem re
certificate expiry, and it has nothing to do with Windows 7. Existing
certificates work
fine on the computer they're installed on, but it's impossible to export them
to the export
format (tq8?) in order to use them on another computer, unless you resort to
date trickery.
LotW support advised me to get a new certificate instead, this was painless.

Here's how I understand what happened: My own certificate was still valid, but
the ARRL seems to
have let its own certificate expire, the one they use to sign our certificates.

As you see, nothing to do with Windows 7, but you *will* be bit by the bug when
you try to move
certificates to a new computer, no matter what operating system it is running.

Obviously, there can also be Windows 7 specific issues. I have no experience
with Windows 7.

73

Jon LA4RT, Trondheim, Norway