Hi,

I have used my K2/10w a lot the last couple of years. Always a good
performer on CW and very good audio reports on SSB. The KAT2 tunes any
antenna I have tried an I have used it a lot portable. At one portable
activity last summer the radio was exposed to direct sunlight for a while
and got very hot. At that time the output power dropped sharply and receive
appeared to listen to the whole band at once.

This has happened a couple of times since then. The receive sounds like
severe aurora noise covering almost all signals, the transmit on CW is just
a low power very wide noise as well. It must be very early in the oscillator
stage somewhere, the PLL or something stop working. If I change band it is
the same thing on the higher bands. Then suddenly gone and the radio is OK
for a moth.

Very irritating on portable expeditions or when it happens in the middle of
a QSO.

I have no clue where to start. I have tried to find a bad connection or bad
solder. Is there a PLL reference oscillatior that could make it act like
this, or where should I look?

Regards,
Lennart - SM6KNL