Hi Lennart,

Oh dear, this sounds tricky to solve over an email reflector. The first
thing do you have access to RF test equipment? As it would be useful to look
at the LO on a spectrum analyser. Your description sounds like you have lost
lock due to a component changing value with the excessive heat.

I would start from scratch and re-align. Make sure you 4MHz oscillator and
frequency counter is working correctly first. If it does not align or do the
frequency cal does not work get back to me.

I am away from home at the moment, but the more information you give me the
more I can point you in the right direction.

BR

Andrew Lenton