Jack,

At $700 I will stick with my W7ZOI power meter with its 40 dB power tap
and my Tandem Match!  I have calibration data that Bob Friess provided
on my Power meter from 1 MHz to 500 MHz (and ham band intervals in
between).  The Tandem Match tracks that data quite well in its basic
metering, but is limited to 30 MHz with the couplers available.  I
really like the Tandem Match for general purposes, but the parallax from
the analog meters must be taken into consideration too (op amp accuracy
is a great thing indeed, nothing like analog computers using precision
resistors - but then I am partly "old school").

That is certainly good enough to give me +/- 5% power measurement
accuracy from 1 MHz to 500 MHz, and that is more than I require at the
moment.

The world of Power measurement is getting better, but it still is not
down to really precise accuracy, no matter what the instrument.

Thanks for the information.  Perhaps one day when the ham budget allows
and I have a purpose for it, I will make the investment.

73,
Don W3FPR