You should be able to increase the input gain in your
soundcard in order to make Multimode decode correctly.
The K3 has more than adequate level even with Line Out
= 10 to drive most quality soundcards at input gain
around 50%.

In any case, cocoaModem is a much superior digital
application - and it's free.  The author is among the
few who really understand the behavior of digital signals
on HF/MF paths.  See:
http://homepage.mac.com/chen/w7ay/cocoaModem/index.html

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV