Hi Richard,

Others have already mentioned cocoaModem.  Fldigi also runs on the Mac.

Fldigi supports a few less commonly used modes that cocoaModem doesn't
(Olivia, MT-63, Thor, Throb).  cocoaModem supports HF-FAX and SITOR-B
reception which fldigi doesn't.

I find Fldigi easier to use for day-to-day QSOs. I think cocoaModem
sometimes does a better job decoding weak signals.

Fldigi doesn't look very "Mac-like" since it's a port of a Linux
application, whereas cocoaModem is a native Cocoa app and so looks
right at home on the Mac.

Give both a try and see which one you prefer.

http://www.w1hkj.com/Fldigi.html

73
--
Joe KB8AP