De: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] En nombre de Bill W4ZV
Enviado el: Viernes, 11 de Diciembre de 2009 06:33 p.m.
Para: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Asunto: Re: [Elecraft] K3 Diversity use with QRN

David Cutter wrote:

> I have a "QRM Eliminator" by SEM (a UK firm long gone) awaiting repair and
> wondered how best to use this in conjunction with diversity.  It is a
> phasing unit requiring another small (probably vertical) antenna to pick
> up
> local QRN, which is theoretically cancelled using its 3 controls.   I
> think
> there are other similar products on the market.  I'm thinking to combine
> this with another rx antenna which would then feed the rx port of the
> second
> rx on the K3. It needs a little thought.
>
> David
> G3UNA

I'm doing something similar.  I have a pair of identical Beverages 887' long
at 40 degrees azimuth.  They're spaced ~1/8 wl apart and staggered ~1/4 wl.
I'm feeding both to a MFJ-1025 Noise/Signal Phasing box.  The forward lobe
is relatively insensitive to phase shifting but you can steer a null to the
rearand sides to reduce QRM or QRN by 20-25 dB from a specific direction.  I
use this as one input to my K3 in diversity and either a RX 4SQ or my
transmit antenna for my other diversity antenna.  W8JI has a webpage below
with a number of useful mods to the 1025:

http://www.w8ji.com/mfj-1025_1026.htm

The 1025 works reasonably well for this but I'll soon replace it with the
DXE NCC-1 which has a better front end and less internal noise.

73,  Bill

07:34:00