Good Morning Don / Andrew:

I very much appreciate both your suggestions.

DON:            I do have the KPA100UPKT installed and R4 is 100K.   So,  I
will lift D8 and see what results I get.

BUT  first,   I'll check the caps in the rectifier section as Andrew
suggests to make sure all is well there.

Now to call Mouser and get another MAX1406 on the way............

Thanks guys and I'll keep you up on how things work out.

72        Jerry            N0JRN