Hi,

Is it just me that have two fairly strong audio spurs at 3.9 and 7.8kHz? By
"strong" I mean about 70dB below an AGC saturated CW tone. This is on the
line out. The level of these tones are independent on RF gain setting and
also independent of the CONFIG:LINE OUT setting. My line out is set at "nor
016" which is low enough that transformer distortion is fairly minimal. I do
not hear these tones on the front headphone output which is where I do all
my listening, but I have made no attempt to perform any measurements on this
output. The tones are definitely from the K3 as they disappear when I turn
it off.

Look here for a spectral display of my line out with an XG1 generating 50uV:
http://ab2tc:82/pictures/k3_line_out_50uv_lev016.png

Don't get me wrong. This is fairly clean and I am not of those who perceive
the K3 RX audio as "harsh" or "noisy". But I would like the ability set the
AGC threshold higher. Even the 008 setting is a little too lively for me on
20m and below (Preamp off of course). BTW 15m is starting to come back to
life, but there is disappointingly little ham activity on it.

Knut - AB2TC