David,

While your suggested cable from Line Out will work fine for PSK31, if
you have the SubRX, you will want to use a full stereo cable between
Line Out and the soundcard Line In - it may come in handy to have both
channels available in the future.
You can use the mono cable (as you described, with a stereo plug) for
the Line In to the K3 (soundcard Line Out).

The RS-232 cable can be used for PTT if the software application
supports the use of either DTR or RTS for PTT.  Just set the K3 menu to
use the same signal that the application is providing.

Sorry, but I do not use the Signalink or any other interface with the K3
- I connect directly to the computer soundcard and the RS-232 cable does
the rest, I use HRD and DM780 for digital work.  Perhaps others can help
you with the Signalink connections.

73,
Don W3FPR