Rob,

Yes, several K2s can be found in motorhomes, I know of at least one that
is on a sailboat, and one that I built for a fellow lived in an 18 wheel
truck for several years, and there have been many that have been taken
on DXpeditions, and many others have been used at Field Day sites.
K3s can be found in similar locations too.
It amazes me how many hams tend to think of radios as fragile - most of
that went away with the advent of all solid state equipment.  Those
vacuum tubes were fragile, but solid state gear is quite hardy and will
take quite a shock without damage as long as the enclosure is intact.
The most probable damage points are the front panel controls connected
to knobs and any connectors sticking out of the rear panel.

The Elecraft tuners for the K1, K2 and K3 are of the L network type and
have a large tuning range (the KX1 is limited by its small physical
size).  They will tune a wide range of 'normal' antennas.  Like most
tuners, they do have trouble with very high impedances such as an end
fed Half Wave Dipole.

73,
Don W3FPR