I drive a Miata and have no trouble mounting the K2.

http://w9iix.com/

is a wonderful mount just on the passenger side of the center
console, it bolts to the floor and can be attached and de-attached in
just a couple of minutes.  When there is a passenger, it goes out,
the floormat goes down and you can't tell anything is installed, the
floor is flat.  When it is in, the mount is sturdy and positioned
perfectly.  A pleasure to mobile.  Anyone who thinks a K2 can't be
installed in their car needs to check W9IXX !

TR, WB6TMY
K2 S/N 838