If I would have been the one to decide on size, the height is just
fine with the bail up. I would have made it maybe an inch wider for
increased accessibility for my thick fingers which are marginally
thinner than my head.

I'm the kind of who finds cell phone keypads too small too...

As to K3 use/week: 100% of my operations till I finish replacing all
of the electrolytics in my Corsair II with new Ultra low ESR caps &
even then it'll be 95% K3.

Time wise? contests... most of the contest.
DXing: Listening 10 hours a week. Transmit? 30 minutes including
exchanges & small talk.
Other: 1-2 hours as my AM radio in the shack

73,
Gary
KA1J