"Lastly, I think the majority of K3 owners use their radio more than 5 times
a year.  The K3 is not for the "everyday, get on the air and rag chew with
the guy in the next state" amateur.  The K3 is targeting DXers and
contesters, and I think they are on more than a few times a year.  I use my
radio every day, and in fact it is on 24/7."

Can anyone with one of those boat anchors can do this:
Two nights ago on 40M there was a station from Africa calling cq with a signal
of about 57 on SSB and I wanted to work him but just 2Khz below there was a net
with lots of stations,most of them 59+20db,you know how bad QRM is that for
sure,well,not a problem for a K3,moved down the WIDTH to 1.8 engaged the 1.8Khz
roofer as well,moved to the left the SHIFT,to reach the 1.0 spot and what
happened? the net and ALL of their users were completely GONE and the dx
station was coming cristal clear,end of the story I worked the African station
nice and easy.
That is why I use my K3 every single day of the year at least 5 to 6
hours,period !

AD4C

"For a refined ham it is compulsory to own a k3"