From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Michael M. Raskin
Sent: 31. januar 2010 03:35
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] 2M with K3 - anyone doing it?

I recently picked up a used THL 500V 2M amp.  I want to drive it with my K3,
which has no 2M capability.  The K144KV-F internal 2M module only has 10
Watts output, which is not enough to drive the THP 500V to 500 Watts.  The
KV144 2M transverter has enough power to do it, but it has to be external
and is a kit, something difficult with my increasing age.  Since Elecraft
does not plan to have an internal 2M module with more than 10 Watts, would I
be better off with the external transverter since I want to do 2M
terrestrial as well as EME?  Or should I give up on the K3 for 2M EME and
wait for the new ICOM to be released?

Mike, W4UM