Conway,

If you have an oscilloscope, dragging it out is *not* overkill - it will
show you the peak to peak RF voltages as well as the waveform.
Lacking the 'scope, you can build up the RF Probe - the parts are
supplied with the K2 kit and the circuit board is part of the 'switch
spacing tool'.  That RF Probe will indicate the RMS value of the RF
Voltage on your DMM.
I can't say what the response of your Fluke 77 may be on AC, but I made
a check with my Fluke 179 and at the 4915 MHz frequency, it does provide
a response comparable you your measurements.

Are you attempting to measure the Q24 response while either in transmit
or in the menu CAL FCTR state?  If not, then your results are as
expected - Q24 does not pass the BFO signal on receive due to the
absence of voltage on the VALC signal line.

If you *are* in either CAL FCTR or transmit state when measuring at TP2,
then yes, Q24 may be the problem.

73,
Don W3FPR