> Does your counter probe report a frequency reading when plugged into
> TP1?  If so, the probe is working, if not, then your problem is with
> either the probe itself or the Q9 and Q10 circuits on the Control Board.

The frequency probe is fine.

TP3 shows 12099.11
when I switch to TP2, I read zero.

> Turn your manual to Appendix E page 11 and do the 4 test steps indicated
> at the top of the 1st column.  Then compare the DC voltages during CAL
> FCTR at the leads of Q24 and U11.  If that does not reveal the problem
> for you, tell us what those measurements are an we may be able to help.

>From Appendix E, the BFO fails to oscillate.
BFO Output : Vrms = 0.001
BFO buffer output : Vrms = 0.008

[measurments done with Fluke 77, AC voltage]

U11 DC voltages appear nominal
pin 1 : 1.403 manual 1.4
    2 : 1.403        1.4
    3 : 0            0
    4 : 4.75         5.0
    5 : 4.76         5.0
    6 : 5.86         6.1
    7 : 5.44         5.6
    8 : 5.92         6.1

Q24 DC voltages are abnormal
    S : 0 manual 0.0
    G : 0        1.2
    D : 0        1.3

Looking at the circuit diagram, nothing is soldered to the other side of
R98, V_{alc}.  Could this be the problem?

I am unable to find where in the circuit diagram V_{alc} is hiding.

On the circuit board, it appears that jumpers are supposed to be there.  I
am also unable to find in the construction instructions I was supposed
to (or not) place what appears to be jumpers in the area.

tnx.
Conway Yee, N2JWQ