The IF setting of NB in the K3 is a traditional shut-down-the-IF
blanker and will always exhibit that behavior. A strong enough signal
will modulate it. Turning on PRE takes away from the headroom
needlessly below 10 meters. Keep the ATT/PRE/RFGAIN low enough that
ambient noise is moderately low. That's good medicine for a lot of
things and proper operating for a K3.

Lower the ATT/PRE/RFGAIN:  ATT on for 160 through 40, nothing for
20-15, PRE only for 10 and 6. Also on 160 and 80, setting RFGAIN to
two or three oclock may help to set ambient noise moderately low. If
this does not work, then try turning off IF blanking and use one of
the DSP NB settings instead.

Running PRE on the low bands is simply not needed unless you are using
a low gain RX ant that needs a boost.  Unless you are living in a low
noise paradise  :>)

73, Guy.