I built my K1 awhile ago with a VFO range of 80 kHz, also a 4 band filter and 2
band filter.
With recent increase in QRM levels on 7030-7040+-, am considering expanding the
range to 150 kHz.
This will allow me to work the old Novice segment on 40M.  Seems the  only
change needed is the band crystal for 30M on the filter board and one capacitor
on the RF board.  Noting the caution in the
manual about using wider range with the 4 band filter am wondering what other
folk's experience
has been with the wider range.  I'd hate to foul up what has been a wonderful
QRP rig.

Thanks and 73, Curt KB5JO