Good Evening,
   Both nets went well.  A little QRM on them but the contesters did not break
the rhythm of our call and response.  Each bands was medium quiet with good
propagation.  Temperatures were warmer across the continent too.  Both Alaskan
stations I heard were quite loud even with my pipeline into their location.
Once again weather here was beautiful.  The forecasters say tomorrow is the
last day of sunshine for a while so I plan to enjoy it with a good hike cross
country now that the land has had a chance to dry.  I want to visit the nearby
stream to check its level.  Only a few hundred yards away but the path is
through mounds of slash.  I have to pick my way carefully so I don't break a
leg.  That would be troublesome.  Crawling back would be no fun at all :)
   A few folks were using different rigs than normal and I forgot to ask John
the serial number of his K1.  My memory is slipping :(  I normally remember
names and rigs of each operator I have worked but in this case it totally
slipped my mind.  Pete used to change rigs between nets while Dick tends to
stay with the same one for both nets then change each week.  Now that
conditions are getting better more of you are working QRP.  Soon I hope to hear
folks I have not heard in a number of years since the bands will be strong to
support contact.

   On to the lists =>

  On 14050.23 kHz at 2300z:
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K2 - 1031
K1THP - Dave - CT - K3 - 686
W0NTA - Dick - CO - K3 - 1208
W8OV - Dave - TX - K3 - 3139
AB9V - Mike - IN - K3 - 398
N0TA - John - CO - K1 - ??
N0AR - Scott - MN - K2 - 4866
W0RSR - Mike - CO - K2 - 5767     * QNI # 130 *
WB3AAL - Ron - PA - K2 - 1392
AL7N - Ed - AK
KL7CW - Rick - AK - KX1 - 798
W6SU - John - CA - K3 - 1303
AE6IC - Fred - CA - K3 - 2241
K6DGW - Fred - CA - K3 - 642

  On 7045 kHz at 0000z:
W0NTA - Dick - CO - K3 - 1208     * QNI # 105 *
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K2 - 1031
WB3AAL - Ron - PA - K2 - 1392
AE6IC - Fred - CA - K3 - 2241
AB9V - Mike - IN - K3 - 398
N0TA - John - CO - K1 - ??
W0RSR - Mike - CO - K2 - 5767
N0AR - Scott - IN - K2 - 4866
K6PJV - Dale - CA - K3 - 1183
KL7CW - Rick - AK - KX1 - 798    ** QNI # 200 **
W8OV - Dave - TX - K3 - 3139

   I know there is one glaring omission but hopefully no mistakes.  Please
email me with your correction if there are some.  I've spent the last few days
surveying the work I need to do to gather wood for next winter.  There is still
plenty of downed timber from the wind storm plus some slash from a thinning
operation.  I just need to cut roads into a few spots so I can gather it.
Using a wheelbarrow overland and uphill is growing tiresome ;)  But, as I was
scouting out the wood and planning out routes for the truck, I found new growth
sprouting all over.  Cedar, hemlock, alder, and Doug fir are anywhere from a
few inches to a few feet tall.  Since fir grows like weeds here I expect in ten
years that the five acres which was devastated will have twenty foot trees.
The elk and deer will like that.  Oh, speaking of elk, I found sign that they
had visited only ten feet from my radio room within the last few days.  While I
was watching the front yard and seeing the deer the elk
  were right behind the house!  Sneaky critters!  I wonder if their antlers are
RF capable?
   Until next week stay well,
      73,
         Kevin.  KD5ONS  (Net Control Operator 5th Class)

-