I also installed the LPF in 2 K3s here this weekend. Although I have
pretty good hearing, I was skeptical about any possible improvement.
However, I was surprised when I turned on the 1st unit completed. The
improvement was noticeable (I use headphones with a wide frequency
response). CW notes are purer, and atmospheric noise less grating. AF
output from the headphone jack looks very clean now when viewed on
Spectrum Lab, previously the artifacts were no better than 60 dB down
with strong signals. There is no change to the line out audio, which
uses a separate DAC and audio path.

All vias were solder filled on both units, but I was able to clear
them with solder wick and the installation went smoothly. The
instructions are very clear. I also did not make the change to extend
low frequency response.

Bob NW8L