Gerry,

I believe the inclusion of the MicroHam interface and Router is
complicating the K3 data modes operation for you.
If your only use of the MicroHam interface is to use data modes on the
K3, then I suggest you eliminate it from the setup.

You may perceive the K3 setup for data modes as "thin", but there
really  is not much required to say for the K3 itself.
The K3 contains all that is necessary with no interface required -
isolation is included inside the K3.  Just connect your computer
soundcard line in and line out jacks to the K3 line-out and line-in
jacks.  Two cables with 3.5mm stereo jacks on each end are all that are
required.  In DATA mode on the K3, select Line In in the MIC SEL menu
and you should be good to go.

You may operate with the K3 in VOX and it will work FB.  If you choose
to use PTT, you will also need a serial cable from the computer to the
K3 RS-232 connector.  Then check your application to see how it asserts
PTT and set the CONFIG: PTT--KEY menu parameter to match whichever pin
your application is using.  Ham Radio Deluxe/DM780 can activate transmit
using commands to the K3 in the serial data stream,

73,
Don W3FPR