Rudi,

Take a look at the W3FPR Fixed Audio Output that can be found on Tom
Hammond's website www.n0ss.net.
Unfortunately, Tom no longer offers the boards but has offered to
provide the PC board data to anyone who wants it.  You could easily wire
the circuit on a piece of perfboard.  That takes care of the output
(without isolation transformers), but you are on your own for the input
side.  If you have no need for switching between digital input and a
microphone, there is nothing wrong with putting a resistive attenuator
on the Mic AF line inside the K2 - you can easily break the line at the
microphone configuration header and add a couple resistors at that point.

If you use RTS or DTR from the serial port for PTT, you will certainly
have to place the one transistor interface (or optoisolator) for that
outside the K2.  I guess one could butcher the KIO2 or AUX I/O internal
K2 signal lines on the KPA100, but that would make it unusable fo
connecting an external Elecraft device like the KAT100, the XV series
transverters or the KRC2, and I would not recommend doing that.

Any isolation transformers may have to live outside the K2 if it is a
K2/100 - there is just not room inside.  In the K2/10 you might find
room for the transformers, but that depends on the particular options
you have installed.

You may not need the transformers if you follow the guidelines offered
by Jim Brown W9YC - see http://haminterfacing.pdf for more information.

73,
Don W3FPR