George,

The problem was the thickness of the capacitors.  The normal .001 uF
capacitors from the manufacturer got thicker at some point and the new
capacitors were too thick to physically fit on the Control Board between
the U1 socket and the J4 header.

The last KAT2 that I built had 2 extra .001 uF capacitors in the bag
that were not as thick.  Complete your inventory and see if you have 2
extras in your kit.

It may be that Elecraft has eliminated the problem by changing the
capacitor vendor and someone forgot to update the errata sheet.
If you do not have two extra caps, it would be best to call Elecraft
(831) 763-4211 and talk with Scott about it.

Or, you can just build the KAT2 - but do not install C45 and C60 until
after you have mounted the U1 socket and J4.  If you can physically put
the capacitors in after those components are mounted, then all is well.
If you choose this later method, be certain to write yourself a reminder
note to install C45 and C50 lest you forget.

73,
Don W3FPR