Well that tells me that over a 50 foot run (which is the max of what
I'll have to do) I'm looking at a delta between the cables of a little
under a dB.

I don't have a ton of ends around and I've already slapped onto the
lesser cable so I'll probably just go with that for now.  Later I plan
to get a hunk of RG-8 but thats for a date when I can get a bit more
height.  (probably after I sell this house and move somewhere else).

I really liked the idea suggested by others to run the two cables to a
R50+j0 load and measure loss.  Technically now that I think of it I
could make that measurement with only one connector on each length of
cable with my MFJ-259B.  It can measure loss to an open on the far end.

Appreciate all the thoughts gentlemen and the data.

~Brett (KC7OTG)