From: "Al Lorona" <alor...@sbcglobal.net>
To: "Elecraft Reflector" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 8:55 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] [OT] FT-5000 vs. K3

I hate to be a party-pooper but comparisons like this really
don't tell much of anything (and YouTube is filled with
them). Recording a single signal acoustically from a pair of
speakers several feet away in an echoey room is the worst
way to try to listen critically and try to absorb the sound
of a rig. Aside from some slight tonal differences the two
receivers sound pretty much the same to me-- and in real
life they probably do sound very similar. Did we really
expect a significant difference? I agree: not scientific
(nor useful) at all.

> Found these videos on Youtube from YO3GJC, not really
> scientific
> but a comparison between the K3 and the FTDX-5000 using
> the
> same speakers:

Please help support this email list:
http://www.qsl.net/donate.html