Kurt,

Unless you can get a software application to send ASCII to the K3, or
operate the CW paddle inputs to the K3 (both dot and dash) with precise
timing to emulate a person operating paddles for CW (hand key input will
not convert), then PSK-D cannot be used.
K3 Utility can send the ASCII in its terminal window, but I do not
believe there is another PSK enabled application that will do the same.

73,
Don W3FPR