Hello Kurt,

PSK-D mode is only meant for PSK keying direct from the CW  paddles input.
FSK-D
works the same way.  You can operate both modes from paddle input with no
computer
intervention.

Where FSK-D and PSK-D differ however are in their use with computer digital
mode
programs.  The K3 can be keyed in FSK mode using pins 1 and 5 on the ACC
connector.  However PSK-D has no such keying lines.  Anytime  you are connected
a computer and want to run PSK you should have the radio in Data-A mode.  This
automatically disables CMP to help keep a clean signal.  Then  using your
soundcard
output and the Line-In gain on the K3 adjust your settings to get 4-5 bars of
ALC
and you should be set.

Hope this helps.

-------------------------
73,
Greg - AB7R
Whidbey Island WA
NA-065

On Wed Mar 24 11:49 , "Kurt Wiksten"  sent:

>Hi
>
>I am using Logger32 and N1MM logging programs with my K3.
>On RTTY (FSK-D) and CW I am using the microKeyer 2 from microHAM as interface
between K3 and logger 32 as well as N1MM.
>To work digital modes both logging programs are using the MMTTY / MMVARI
>modules
for coding/decoding
>This combination is working very well with FSK-D and CW but I also want to use
PSK31-D.
>PSK31 is OK receiving using the microKeyer2 soundcard but on transmit I am
>only
getting a carrier without any modulation.
>Is there somebody out there using the same equipment who could give me some
advice???
>I know that I could use DATA A mode and use the soundcard in microkeyer2 to
>audio-
modulate the carrier but I really want to use the direct